Thursday, May 21, 2009

ZDF Television Station

The T.V. morning show was one of the best times I have had. I knew that we were going to be in the audience watching but I didn’t actually know that we would be on set let alone aired. It all happened so fast as they ushered us to our seats then provided drinks and before I knew it the show was starting. I really hope the camera got my good side when they were filming. I thought that the anchors did a really nice job communicating to the audience and tried to get them involved as much as possible. I was nervous for sure as the camera kept creeping by me, so much in fact that I spilled the orange juice when going for a refill. Something that surprised me was how nice all the workers were towards us Americans and even gave us a shout out in the beginning of the show, perfect. It was interesting to learn that ratings don’t mean any and they don’t mind losing viewers when they air certain programs because in the U.S. we are all about getting the most viewers. I could definitely see myself doing improve as the lead anchor mentioned and how you never know what you are going to say. I enjoyed Mr. 71 perform because it was in English so I could actually understand it. However being said that he was 71, I’m not quite sure what kind of comeback will happen but I tip my hat off to the man. The studio itself was beautiful and I enjoyed all the natural light from the windows. The pros and cons of that job is the early morning wake up but being done with work before ten must be really nice. Overall it was a very humbling experience, yeah I said humbling.

No comments: