Sunday, May 17, 2009

In No Particular Order

   A leisurely bike ride through Berlin may include, but is not limited to: The Reichstag, pricey bathroom stops, Hitler’s bunker, squeaky toys replacing your bike bell, Book Burning Memorial, ugly boys making kissing sounds as you ride by, Checkpoint Charlie, crazy men trying to stop you from riding your bike on the sidewalk, Berlin Wall, Holocaust Memorial, Museum Island and being so tired your motor skills take a serious dive into the bad spelling pool.  

   New Berlin Bike Tour was awesome to say the very least. I don’t think I’ve actually been on a bike since I was in eighth grade, so it was definitely a treat! It was not only a great was to see Berlin but it also gave you a taste of the local culture and the easiest (and possibly best) mode of transportation. The weather was perfect and everything was absolutely beautiful.

   I have to say one of my favorite reoccurring moments are the looks Americans get from the Germans. It’s not bad, not always good, but it does seem to always differ. From the look of “ah, Americans” to “ugh, Americans” and my personal favorite, “mmm, Americans.” 

No comments: