Sunday, May 24, 2009

Having fun while also building relationships

Yesterday we went to the Volkswagen corporate headquarters. When we got off the train and walked into the building I only knew it was Volkswagen because Frauke told us that. The main entrance has no symbols, advertisements or even cars marketing their product. The main entrance is a place open to anyone, avoiding all intimidating marketing schemes. I thought this was brilliant in the sense that people know that they do not have to be looking to buy a Volkswagen, but just open for a day to have fun and explore. This same theme is repeated throughout the entire park. The only time I saw cars with sale prices on them was from the building where the purchasing and delivering of cars was taking place. After spending the day there, I felt it was time for me to not necessarily invest in a Volkswagen, but be aware of the brand the next time I am looking to purchase a vehicle.

This theme park was any car lover's heaven. I thought the masterminds of the place did a great job gaining a rush out of the viewer. My favorite was probably the Lamborghini exhibit. It starts with the heart beats pumping. Next comes the lights and the engine getting louder and louder, flash backs back to heart beats, smoke and then wow! Your mind feels as if it just went 0 to 60mph within seconds. I'm not the biggest car fan, but that made me leave dreaming of owning a very fast vehicle someday. If you did not get the opportunity to see it, Jess recorded it, so check it out.

No comments: