Friday, May 22, 2009

sun, wind, rain, repeat

You can ask any of my friends, when it comes to the weather I like to be in the know. The one who watches the Weather Channel just to watch it, yeah that’s me. This being said, Berlin weather is throwing me for a loop. Not only can I not watch to see how warm it is going to be (which I can deal with, sort of), but the weather changes faster here than it does in Nebraska. Today we went on a boat ride down the Spree River. Getting on the boat it was sunny and warm; perfect weather to sit on the top of the boat. Yet, ten minutes into our ride the wind picks up and clouds blow over the lovely sun. All right, I can handle that, just like Lincoln, yeah?

The remainder of the day the weather went back to its’ original state of sunshine. Some of us decided to go on a hunt for shoes (which I will probably post about later). While walking toward the door at H&M we notice the small tsunami outside. We decided to wait it out inside of the doors, but finally thought we could suck it up and get a little wet. While walking to the next shoe store the rain stopped and the sun came out again. But, thirty minutes later another shower came down on us.

I think the sun is currently out, but I can be content spending the rest of the evening indoors. Just in case.

1 comment:

Michaela Ann said...

This is a really funny post Emma. And I totally agree, the weather here changes a lot faster than in Nebraska and because we're in the city and not on the plains it makes it harder to see what is coming! Not to mention my directions are all turned around so I'm not even sure which way the weather usually comes from here! Best plan of action: always pack an umbrella, a jacket, and wear capris or jeans (wearing shorts gets you stared and glared at and it's colder so why bother!)