Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cafe's & Bakeries

Café’s and bakeries in Berlin are on every corner. I’m not quite sure how people in Berlin manage to stay so fit, but they do. I am sure I have already gained 5 pounds alone on all the sweets like raspberry tart and rhubarb strudel. Since rhubarb is in season, I have been trying to eat it as much as I can. Hopefully all the walking and biking we have been doing will help not to gain anymore. I think America, especially Lincoln, need to open more café’s. I can’t think of any that are even close to UNL.

Since we have been in Berlin, I have found my favorite café. In English, it is called the “Literature House.” Ali and Frauke told me that there are different types of café’s in Europe. This particular café is a great place to relax with a good book and some coffee and cake. I went there today and wrote in me journal. It was nice to relax for a bit. I’m not quite sure how to say it German but this cafe is great. My favorite part about it is the location. It’s off the main street and is covered with trees and a surrounded by a garden. I have already gone there three times and I plan to go at least once or twice more while we are here. I don’t know if Ill ever be back to Germany so I thought I should make the most of it and go as much as I can ☺

Note to Self: Don’t where flip flops in Berlin unless you want to get stared at.

2 comments:

eMa said...

I think you have definitely gotten me addicted to the Literature House, Kayla. It is so quaint and (like you said) is the perfect place to journal and sip your tea or coffee. And the Raspberry Yogurt Torte? Amazing! Let's definitely go back before we leave. And we can go on a search for the perfect cafe in Lincoln this summer!

eMa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.