Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Frank the Tank

Visited McCann Munich was different. Frank gave us a very informative briefing of the company along with how to cope when working with global branding. Frank seemed to know all and then only time I was distracted was when the uber cool automatic blinds would go up and down, nerdy I know. However, one thing definitely resonated with me during his speech when he talked about why he got into the business. I feel that if you aren’t passionate about your profession there is no point in pursuing it.
He mentioned that he enjoyed competing first off and that is something I have been doing my entire life. I love to win even if the win is something small like a class assignment. I feel having a new client is more or less an opportunity to win. I remember looking back on previous class projects I worked on and when I “lost” (which rarely happens) it hurts. I always strive to have the best team with the best campaign. I want to prove to myself, team and client that our time spent was not a waste of time and wanted to make sure we can seal the deal.
He also talked about communication when dealing the company and client side. You really have to be a good presenter to ah your audience by making them believe in your approach and selecting your camping. Also I want to have that “job well done” feeling when you do get selected. It proves to your team and company you are worth something valuable and each member brings a separate attitude but as long as they are going for the same goal you will be okay.
Also something I mentioned, was not knowing what the next day will bring. As I’m sure most of you have already found out, I’m pretty off the wall and enjoy joking around being spontaneous. I think this profession is fun, always changing and excited which is why I chose it. I am up for slamming eight Red Bulls, pushing curfew and still presenting an award winning presentation if that’s what it takes.
To sum up I thought what Frank had to say when dealing with why he chose this profession were the exact same thoughts going through my head and that gives me some sort of assures me that maybe I can do this and be good at it.

No comments: