Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm Clean, I'm Clean!

Nine days really doesn’t sound like much, but it is plenty when looking at the pile of dirty clothing you’ve collected. Today was dubbed laundry day. I’ve never used a laundry mat before, not even in the U.S. However, I doubt that they are like the ones we used today. All of the washers were linked to a master control board, no pumping quarters repeatedly into the machine. The machines also seemed to be very energy efficient. Barely any water was used and the dryers were even more impressive. You pat for 12 minutes at a time, this way the clothes aren’t tumbling around for an hour when they were dry in 30 minutes, I am an impatient person when it comes to stuff like washing clothes so I put mine in for 24 minutes and are letting my jeans just air dry in the room. I blended in at least some people were taking full loads of wet clothing with them to dry later. It may have taken us a couple of hours but at least I will no longer be the smelly kid.

No comments: