Friday, May 22, 2009

Fashion 101

So have you ever seen what not to wear? Because I feel like every German/European person is giving me a check-up on my wardrobe. I have learned some ins-and-outs in European fashion.

First off, flip flops are a thing of the past and should only be worn when in the privacy of your own home or shower. Secondly, never ever ware a pair of sweatpants because people might think you are hiding something in there which upsets me because I enjoy comfort over social status. Also, try not to smile. I hear the cool thing in Germany is to be serious and keep your head forward as if no one else exists. Another thing is try to wear as much black as possible, here black goes with anything and is more serious. Okay that would be the last person I would bring home to my family, one who constantly wears black and never smiles, perfect.

Women, if you can avoid it don’t wear shorts but if you do, opt for some fun leggings underneath. Men, take a look around and see if you can see yourself fitting into those extremely tight pants or better yet try the mullet look it could be rewarding. I really feel the European style is one of maximum individualistic expression. Overall the fashion fits the culture and I am still getting used to all the crazy, over-the-top styles I see on the streets. From here I’ll leave you with a quote, “if you can’t do you who can you do.”

1 comment:

eMa said...

Funny thing: Kayla and I were talking about how everyone sitting at the Literature House today should be on What Not to Wear. I suppose it's ok to express your individuality, but you can definitely look good doing it. Pink jeans, yeah? Or would you rather have the green ones?