Friday, May 29, 2009

These boots weren't made for walking.

Only let down of the whole trip: not finding black leather boots.

My wallet definitely will protest that comment and say, “It’s totally fine you didn’t buy ANOTHER pair of shoes. And you have to pay rent on Sunday.” Good thing I didn’t find any, otherwise my wallet would have been super mad at me.

In Berlin Rosemary, Brett and I shoe shopped for a good hour and a half. It’s not that we couldn’t find any cheap boots it’s that we couldn’t find any boots. But I wasn’t worried yet, because I knew Munich would come through and have the perfect pair for me. Soon after arriving in Munich I began to worry. Rosemary and I searched again throughout numerous shoe stores, but none could be found. We did get a little closer to our goal because here they had the boots, just not our size (or price range). I realize this is a silly thing to be upset about, but the thing that truly upsets me is that every other girl in Germany has a pair, so why not me?

Reality has set in now as I begin to pack my 16 kilo suitcase without my 1 kilo dream boots. But I will look on the positive side and say there is a pair of Steve Maddens waiting for me to purchase them back in the states.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The boots weren't made for walking and neither were my nikes...