Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mini-dresses, scarves and leggings

I will admit that I am a clothing fanatic. Whenever there is a sale at The Buckle I am first in line. However it creeps me out when I see my friends mom at the same sale shopping for herself. Here in Berlin one observation I have made is that there is no age limit on clothing. Back home if you are over 30 and wearing a mini-skirt you probably cost a pretty penny. Just this afternoon I saw a man, most likely late 50's to early 60's, wearing leather pants. My first thought was "ewww!", but then I realized, he is working it! The people here don't care that the clothing they are wearing maybe be found in the juniors department, as long as they can pull it off. In my opinion the people of Berlin use the sidewalks as runways, and I love it.

No comments: