Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A German Tradition

Well, I’m not quite sure where to begin but there is one thing I would like to say, “I am in love with BERLIN!” From the moment I have gotten here I have been fascinated with this magnificent city. I still can’t believe we are finally here. One of the first things I noticed in Berlin was while we were walking down the street to our hotel – the flower shops. They are everywhere you go and I constantly see people carrying large bouquet of beautiful flowers. Frauke told me that buying flowers on a regular basis was a German tradition. I wish this was a tradition in America. Who knows, maybe I can start a new tradition. I’m not quite sure how my budget would allow it though because flowers can be pricy.

Today was also the NEW Berlin Bike tour. It was a nice change to ride a bike for a couple hours than walking everywhere. It definitely made me feel like a kid again. Our tour guide was from Scotland. I was obsessed with her Scotish accent! One of the interesting things that she told us were most of the buildings that we saw were actually built not too long ago. They were just made to look a lot older then they really were. If she had never told us, I would have thought they had been there for decades.

No comments: