Thursday, May 21, 2009

1st Day and yeah it's late

It seems so surreal that I am actually in Europe let alone Berlin. I got in around nine in the morning and decided to take full advantage of the day. I started to sightsee and found some good spots for shopping. My favorite part of the day was the nightlife. I wanted to start the trip off with a bang so I did what I knew best, going out. After asking the door man here at the hotel I received some good suggestions to go for people our age. Mike, Jess, Emma and I decided to go to the most American place possible, The Hard Rock Café because we knew it would be a safe bet. We sat down at the bar and right away I was bombarded by some man who was in town for the big soccer match the next day. Every time he said something to me all I could do was smile and give him as many high fives as possible. After getting an invitation to the game I turned my attention to Lucas, a man who confronted us wanting to smoke a cig. While talking to him I got a better insight of how he thinks about Americans and once his friends came into the picture I got the full effect. Leaving the Hard Rock we went to another place to continue our festivities and got into a debate with Lucas as to why cell phones, or what he called hand phones, do not have international service. Also another thing I noticed is how the Europeans knew their English pretty well but mastered the cuss words. On the way back from the bar I thought how perfect my first night in Berlin was and knew that there was going to be a lot in store for me in Germany.

No comments: