Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'll stick with Jimmy Choo, thanks.

Today was our first official day in Munich. The Bavarian town is beautiful. The day was super hot and humid, so our three hour walking tour was trying but worth it. Although the sun gave me pink shoulders I was so happy for the heat; it definitely made it feel like summer.

Munich seems so much more crowded than Berlin. The subways are always packed and it takes strategic movements to get through the crowds on the sidewalks. But everyone seems to have a mellow attitude toward life here. It isn’t like Berlin where everyone seems too serious for their own good. The people in Munich feel more inviting. I see people in shorts, colored clothing, and talking and laughing with one another. The Marienplatz is busy with tourists awaiting the Glockenspiel and locals trying to enjoy their lunch. We walked down Maximilianstraße, which is where Valentino, Jimmy Choo and Channel all reside. On this street they can also charge 12 Euros for a single cup of coffee (no big deal).

Overall, my first impression of Munich is a positive one. It is definitely a city that has such an immense history I can’t help but be consumed in the fairy-tale lifestyle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely! That's one of the first things I noticed too... the clothes! It's so different compared to Berlin. I feel like I'm finally seeing European fashion. I almost want to say that Berlin was more conservative with the way the people dressed. During the walking tour I actually saw ladies in heels and dresses, something I wish I could be wearing!

I just wish their boot prices were a tad bit less :/