Sunday, May 17, 2009

"No Country Music!"

I have only been to two weddings in my life. I was seven when my mom’s best friend got married, and in 2006 my cousin got married. However, if I wanted to, I could have gone to a German wedding this weekend after meeting Lucas. Lucas was the best man in the wedding and drive 5 hours to visit Berlin, which is also his hometown.

Lucas introduced me and three other people to the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party at the Hard Rock in Berlin. We ended up hanging out and getting to know them and each other all night. It was a great first night, and it was really interesting to talk to Germans and find out what they know about America (lots) and Nebraska (not too much). We also got them to sing “Sweet Home Nebraska”, which was fantastic.

No comments: