Monday, May 18, 2009

Questions...

What does it mean when you walk by and a guy makes the farting noise with his tongue and mouth?  That happened the other day to Krystal and I.  He gave us a good long stare after this action as well, so I know it was intended for us, good or bad.  Also, do you think it is rude to walk and eat, because I felt like I got a couple of harsh looks when I did this just now, but it was a pretzel!  When I think about it though, I don’t think I have really seen anyone else eating while walking.

Another more journalism related question I have involves the ethics of photos in newspapers here in Germany compared with those in the United States.  At Die Welt today we touched on the topic of ethics, and I wonder, with Berlin a much more liberal country than the United States, if more ethically questionable photos would get published than they would in America.  After opening up a copy of the Die Welt and finding nudity in advertisements, I assume the answer is yes, however I am not sure.  What do you guys think?

Last question, does it seem like people stare more here than in the United States?  Maybe I just feel that way because I stick out like a sore thumb as a tourist. 

Ok, one more, but it’s not really a serious question:  How do Germans train their dogs so well?  Dogs seem to be everywhere, even in nice stores and restaurants.  They are not in the way at all though and all seem very well behaved!  I wish we could take our pets with us shopping in Lincoln.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I told a few other people this too, but dogs that are trained in german are the most well-behaved because the commands used in German are so forceful that the dog becomes easily obedient.

Unknown said...

On the subject of the weird noise... I have noticed that too. I have no idea what that's about but I definitely do not enjoy it. I think that the nudity in newspapers is just a reflection on how the German culture is more open, but I'm sure there's a better explanation out there than that!