Friday, May 29, 2009

'Cause You're Bittersweet

Today was our last day in Germany. We visited King Ludwig's castle. It was so amazing. We went on a bike ride through the Alps countryside to Swan Lake. I even took a little bit of a dip into the water. It was so cold, but very much worth it. His castle itself was a very beautiful. However, I do not like how they've gutted it out and turned it into a tourist trap. I understand that he owed them money and they took his castle for that reason, but I find it disrespectful.

I hate to leave Germany, but I am ready to see my family and fiance again. This is a bittersweet day, but I will manage. I want to thank Frauke, Ali and the J school for giving me this opportunity.

1 comment:

Frauke said...

Interesting comment! They didn't actually "gut" the castle - it was never finished in the forst place because Ludwig died before if could be completed. He had borrowed so much money (without paying it back) that nobody would give him more to finish it.